Come Here Common Sense, Come Here, Boy!

Is it just me, or are people generally disorganized and cruising’ through life with a complete lack of any common sense?! You know, I try hard, really hard, to give people the benefit of the doubt, but they never seem to fail to surprise me. Or, should I say, not surprise me. It doesn’t really take that much effort to help a brother out. Even a little bit of effort seems too much for most. God forbid if people would just do something proactive. I believe that most know what the right thing to do is, but fail to do it because no one ask them to or they think it falls out of their “area of responsibility.” I want to be a nice person, but man, do people sure make it difficult for me on a daily basis!

This entry was posted in People, Rants.

7 Comments

1. Fattkidd August 19, 2005 at 8:15 am #

Somebody at work starting to get on your bad side!? Or, is this personal related? Whatcha need help with?

2. The Kid August 19, 2005 at 8:40 am #

I don’t need help. It’s the others that need help! Problem is, common sense seems to be thin regardless of where you’re at. But, it’s nothing new. I’m used to it. I just always believe that it will change — you can inform people of how they can easily better things for the benefit of all (including themselves), but quite obviously, it goes in one ear and out the other. Telling you though, I’m ready to start swinging!

3. Fattkidd August 19, 2005 at 11:16 am #

Well, I can definately sympathize. I’ve got a certain someone who complains all the time that they have too much to do and not enought time. That, others are constantly creating more work/problems for them even as this person is trying to clean up/fix things already. Problem is, I see myriad ways in which said person could simplify life, eliminate much of the headache that is created by momentary lapses in judgement and forethought, and thus create the extra/free time this person craves. But, getting someone to listen to you is hard enough (most people, myself included, don’t like to be told they’re wrong or what to do) and getting them to actually take/follow advise is something entirely different. So, most folks are destined to learn by example and/or flounder needlessly.

I’m sure there are others saying the same about me/us.

4. The Kid August 19, 2005 at 12:48 pm #

Yeah, I’m sure there are others saying the same about us, but they a dumb and wrong! 😉

5. Fattkidd August 19, 2005 at 1:00 pm #

Ain’t dat da truf!!!

6. feed your head August 25, 2005 at 8:06 am #

‘vine ripe tomatoes, which grammatically shoud read vine ripened, like hanging drapes, drapes is a verb the noun is drapery. one drapes a window when one hangs draperies, it is impossible for one to be entagled in drapes… Youll see that sign in the winter when the vines are under a foot of snow! not only did they not ripen on the vine theyve never ripened at all. but does anyone shout ‘these fucking tastless tomatoes were picked when they were green?’ (As if ‘farm fresh’ eggs have ever been near an actual farm and havent been in that restaurant in cold storage for weeks)
    point: a country that practices and condones such blatant systematic fakery is a country capable of anything!- even nominating kissinger for the nobel peace prize. so, again whats the point?

Those who willingly accept being conned are as corrupt as those who con them.

7. Fattkidd August 25, 2005 at 1:20 pm #

WORD! Wait… is that one of those words you’re talking about? LOL!
    Seriously, I hear ya. It’s all due to the fact that the education system in this country has fallen to the bottom of all the civilized nations. Same is true about our health care… we pay the most, but are last is infant mortality, longevity, etc, etc. Upward mobility, the ‘American Dream’, as measured by the resources provided and the opportunities available to members of our society to elevate themselves is lowest amongst developed nations. Our whole society is built/propped up by these little lies and falsehoods that get propogated and pumped into us by the mass media/PR/political/Corporate machine. But, most people here still thing America ‘is the greatest nation on Earth!’.

WAS the greatest nation on Earth

Something happened while we were watching ‘Friends’.

Sad thing is, most Americans don’t really care to know the truth… about anything. They’re more than content, passified really, to accept the spood-fed lies and half-truths, the propaganda, on a daily basis… anything so long as they don’t have to think.

This is symptomatic of a society on the decline.

I could go on but…