DreamHost – Your Own Web

DreamHost

If anyone out there is interested in cheap, reliable web hosting check out DreamHost. I’ve been using DreamHost since March of 2005, and I can tell ya, I haven’t been disappointed! They’re based out of California, in the good ‘ole USA. They’re very responsive to tech support or just general questions and they seem to know what they’re doing. I’ve only had a couple of issues and both were easily resolved via their support service.

So, if you ever wanted to have a site or just some space out there, plus some killer tools for web design, look no further.

In addition to providing great service, with all accounts you get:

• One free domain name registration
  • Disk space and bandwidth increase every week. Stay with them longer, reap the benefits. I started with 20GB of disk space and 1TB of bandwidth per month. My disk space capacity is growing by 160MB/week, and my bandwidth capacity is growing by 8GB/week!
  • A billion email accounts (well, not a billion, but like 3000 and like you’ll ever use all of those?!?)
  • PHP 4/5, Python, Perl, and Ruby (it’s nice having lots of options for web programming)
  • FTP and Telnet Access — they’ve even started a web-based FTP so you can file manage remotely, without a FTP client installed
  • MySQL databases under the same domain name — you used to have to name them differently (e.g. db.example.com, db2.example.com, etc.)
  • Your own Jabber server (read about Jabber at Wikipedia)
  • One-Click Installs of blog software, photo galleries, store fronts/shopping carts, forums, etc. It’s madness, I tell ya!

Anyway, I could go on with their features forever… The one-click installs do make getting a web presence as easy a clicking a couple of buttons. It’s easy enough, monkeys could do it! If you feel like trying it out, you can use the DreamHost couponKID” which will pay $50 of the $119.40 annual service cost! That’s almost cutting the yearly contract price in half! (That’s because I’m such a nice guy.) So, if you ever feel inclined to play around with your own domain, don’t bother looking at any other service. Use the coupon code above and give it a try. I’m sure you’ll enjoy it as much as I do.

Click here to check out their hosting plans!

This entry was posted in Internet, Ramblings.

8 Comments

1. Rayman April 27, 2006 at 3:58 pm #

I will check this hosting service out! Thanks for the coupon code. With $50, I might just take advantage of it. I’ve been thinking about creating a site for a while. Yours looks pretty nice.

Thanks.

2. Mr. Funky April 27, 2006 at 4:17 pm #

Man, Dream Host is killer. I have heard nothing but good things about that host. If my site’s weren’t so entrenched with the current host I would be there in a heartbeat.

I can’t believe they are offering all of those features on such a stable platform. Compared to most of the hosting packages out there, the price is right as well.

Shit dog!

3. Chris Chen (Arcsoft) May 4, 2006 at 4:45 pm #

Hi…this is Chris Chen. I from Arcsoft…a good software company. We do movies and digital and photos. Is Dream Host good to storage stolen movies from web?

Also, I need latest SDK. Please send today.

Thank you.

Chris Chen

4. Elwsdldeloco June 6, 2006 at 3:57 pm #

Dream Host, stable and price is killer. Well said on the ease of use. There are like 8 trillion 9 years old on Dream Host. Good call, but oh wait a minute. Just remember Pimpin ain’t easy. WTF?

Go-Daddy rules. Why, not because of the commercials. The commercials are great. Why not spend advertising money on something that sells? Sexy Sluts. I was very pleased to see their commercial run two Super Bowls ago. But Go-Daddy compete on price, and ease of use. But as in building your own site, Dream Host rocks it out.

Choose or lose. By the way, Chris Chen quit hijacking all those movies. You hack machine. You must be the kid with skills. Send me some of them free hijacked flicks, url me on AIM at elwsdldeloco.

5. bluem August 15, 2006 at 11:22 pm #

Use TRY90 to get the best possible discount on dreamhost.
    Get 90$ off all hosting plans ..Best working coupon around

6. Dan September 22, 2006 at 5:54 am #

You can get 1 year hosting for $27.4 at DreamHost using the COUPON: WAIVER

7. Dave January 20, 2007 at 4:50 am #

When will we see such prices for China hosting? Right now the cheapest deals for virtual hosting are averaging $20/month.

8. evL May 22, 2007 at 4:08 am #

Hey folks,

I have been with DreamHost since 2001. They are the best out there!